The Certificate Program in Online Teaching and Learning is designed to meet the growing needs of online educators in a wide variety of teaching sectors like K-12 teachers, Higher Education faculty, Community College Professors, non-profits, governmental agencies and businesses that develop online training programs. The Online Teaching and Learning certificate is designed for both experienced trainers and educators and those interested in entering the field of online teaching and learning including:
• K-12 teachers (blended classrooms and virtual schools)
• Vocational and community college instructors (adjunct and full time)
• College and university professors (adjunct and full time)
• Doctors, Nurses and other Health educators involved in patient education, continuing education or in-service education, community health education professionals, or academic healthcare education
• K-16 Curriculum consultants, professional development, technology coordinators, and distance education leaders
• Continuing education facilitators and trainers in professional associations, nonprofit organizations, business, government, and military interested in teaching online and blended courses, or using web-based components to enhance face-to-face instruction.
Admission to the Program
In addition to University requirements for admission to graduate study, applicants must have:
- An earned baccalaureate degree from accredited institution of higher education with a 2.75 grade point average in the last 60 semester units attempted.
- Official transcripts