University Catalog 2012-2013 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Department of Television, Film, & Media Studies
Music 107 until Fall 2011, then TV, Film and Media Studies Building, first floor
Phone: (323) 343-5425
The Department of Television, Film, & Media Studies offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree in Television, Film and Media Studies. The department also offers graduate programs leading to a Master of Arts degree in Communication Studies with an option in Telecommunications and Film and jointly with the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance, a graduate program leading to the Master of Fine Arts degree in Television, Film and Theatre.
Professors: Laura Chey Acuña, Alan J. Bloom, , Steven Classen, Kelly Madison, John J. Ramirez, Suzanne E. Regan (Chair), Robert Vianello.
Associate Professors: Jon Beaupré, Enrique Berumen, Anthony Cox, Kristiina Hackel, Blake Jackson, Bridget Murnane.
Assistant Professors: Jane McKeever.
Emeriti: Robert E. Blackmon, Irvin Borders, Ivan N. Cury.
MFA students are required to complete three MFA projects under the rubrics of TVFT 546A , TVFT 546B and TVFT 599 , with TVFT 599 being the MFA Culmination Project. These three projects must include one in each of the following categories: theatre, multi-camera television, and film style production.
- Written Project Proposals: After Advancement to Candidacy, Projects I, II, and Culmination Project are developed under the guidance of the candidate’s project committee. All candidates must submit a written proposal for each project to be approved by respective committees and department chair.
- Exhibition: Upon the committee approval of the completed work, all Projects will be -appropriately exhibited in accordance with departmental and University requirements.
Students should consult the “Guide to Preparation of Masters Theses and Project Reports” http://www.calstatela.edu/library/guides/thesbk.htm for specific information regarding requirements established by the University for the production and exhibition of project reports.
Programs for this Department
• Television, Film and Media Studies, B.A.
• Communication Studies, M.A.
• Television, Film and Theatre, M.F.A.