Simpson Tower F917
Phone: (323) 343-2960
The faculty in the Department of Marketing brings real-world business experience to the classroom in order to provide students with a unique and rewarding educational experience. The department also prepares students for professional careers ranging from understanding consumers to understanding markets and firm behavior, examining customer experiences and service productivity, and employing technology, research, pricing and promotion strategies. The department offers both general and specialized degree and certificate programs. The department also participates in an Interdisciplinary Studies Minor in Multimedia that enables students to develop interactive, multimedia products. For more information, please refer to University Programs.
Professors: H. Rika Houston, Tye Jackson (Chair), Iksuk Kim, Shirley M. Stretch-Stephenson.
Associate Professors: Iksuk Kim, Freddy S. Lee.
Assistant Professors: Nicole Hanson, Pei-Shiuan (Lily) Lin, Sylvia Martin, Stacey Sharpe.
Emeriti: Linda Beamer, James D. Boulgarides, William A. Cohen, Richard H. Kao, Moonsong (David) Oh, Marshall E. Reddick.
Programs for this Department:
• Business Administration: Option in Marketing Management, B.S.
• Business Administration: Option in Retailing, B.S.
• Undergraduate Certificate Program in Commercial Transportation
• Undergraduate Certificate Program in Marketing
•Undergraduate Certificate Program in Retail Professional Development
• Baccalaureate Certificate in Social Media
• Business Administration: Option in Marketing, M.S.