The Master of Public Health (MPH) degree, with an emphasis on urban community health will provide students with the skills and knowledge to pursue professional careers in public and private enterprises focused on improving the health of populations in Los Angeles and other urban environments.
An MPH degree focused on issues in urban community health, including CEPH accreditation-required courses, urban community health courses, electives from disciplines other than Public Health, and a choice of Capstone requirements. Some courses may be taught online.
The MPH degree requires 42 units, of which 36 are core and 6 are elective, including field experience.
Admission Requirements to the program:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- A GPA in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of 3.0 or better
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended including Cal State LA.: one sent directly to the department, another directly to the University Admission. Upload of unofficial transcripts to the application is required.
- A statement of purpose;
- Two letters of reference – at least one academic (if Undergraduate degree was obtained 5+ years, two professional references are acceptable);
- A current professional résumé or CV
Learning Outcomes Roadmap