Return to: Index of Academic Degrees, Certificates and Programs Listed Alphabetically
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality, Wellness, and Leisure Services is organized to provide knowledge and skills in the areas of restaurant and lodging, wellness (nutrition and health), revenue and cost controls, human resources, cultural competencies, and customer expectations. This degree is designed to provide leadership opportunities for students interested in a career in the Hospitality industry in positions such as hotels and resorts, restaurants and commercial food service, meeting and event planning, tourism destinations and attractions, leisure and recreation, airlines, cruises, and other transportation, environmentally sustainable and cultural tourism development, and spa and wellness management. Students may also prepare for graduate study in Hospitality Management.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze the impact of emerging trends within nutrition, health, and wellness as it relates to the hospitality and customer experience.
- Employ a variety of operational and logistics skills to deliver a high quality hospitality, wellness, and leisure experiences.
- Demonstrate essential financial, communication, and human resource skills needed to operate a successful and financially sound hospitality business.
- Analyze how cultural differences, traditions, and social inequality shape the hospitality workplace and experience.
- Apply management and leadership knowledge and skills to the field of hospitality, wellness, and leisure services.