The electrical engineering program offers instruction in the basic sciences and in engineering analysis and design. The upper division offerings provide a flexible, broad curriculum to enable each student to match talents and interests with career objectives. The major areas of course concentrations are biomedical, circuits, communications, computers, controls, electronics, and power.r.
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org . All accredited programs are required to provide the following minimum level of instruction: one year of mathematics and basic sciences; one and one-half years of engineering science and design (engineering topics); and one-half year of humanities and social sciences.
General Education Requirements (48 units)
The total number of units required for the Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is 122, of which 104 units are in the major. A total of 48 units of general education courses are required for the degree. Students in the electrical engineering program will complete 30 in the major. Consult with an advisor for the specific number of units required in all areas of the degree including GE and free electives.
Lower Division General Education Requirements (39):
Block A - English Language Communication and Critical Thinking (9)
Block B - Natural Science and Math/Quantitative Reasoning (9):
- B1 - Physical Science (3) - Met by PHYS 2100 (5)
- B3 - Interdisciplinary Physical/Biological (3) - Met by CHEM 1040 (4) and EE 3810 (3)
- B4 - Quantitative Reasoning and Mathematical Concepts (3) - Met by MATH 2110 (4).
Block C - Arts and Humanities (9):
- AM-History - American Institutions - US History (3)
- C1 - Arts (3)
- C2 - Humanities (3) - Met by ENGR 3010 (3)
Block D - Social Science (9)
- AM-Government - US Constitution and State/Local Government (3)
- D1 - Social Science I (3) - Met by EE 3000 (3)
- D2 - Social Science II (3)
Block E - Lifelong Understanding and Self-Development (3):
- Met by ENGR 1500 (3), satisfied IHE and (cl).
Upper Division General Education Requirements (9):
- Block B - Natural Science and Quantitative Reasoning (3) - Met by EE 3050 (3)
- Block C - Arts & Humanities (3) - Met by EE 4961 (3) and EE 4962 (3)
- Block D - Social Science (3) - Met by EE 4961 (3) and EE 4962 (3)