For all new post-baccalaureate and graduate certificate programs, the U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment information must be provided. Below is a template that may be used. Include this information with the description of the program and the required courses on the correct curricular form.
U.S Department of Education Gainful Employment Disclosure
- Program: (Insert title of certificate, e.g., Certificate Program in Autism)
Certificate Program in Geographic Information Systems
- Occupations that this certificate program prepares students to enter:
(List the occupation, SOC Code, and web address for each occupation.*)
15-1199.05 (Geographic Information Systems Technicians)
15-1199.04 (Geospatial Information Scientists & Technologists)
- On-time graduation rate for students completing this program:
No data on this yet.
- Cost of Attendance for the entire normal duration (e.g., three semesters, at two courses per semester) of this certificate program:
Tuition and fees:__$5,344______ Books and supplies: ____$500________
- Median loan debt incurred by students who completed this program:
Not data on this yet.
- The job placement rate for students completing the program:
From our personal communications with students we estimate it to be high, but we have not kept statistics.
*For each program, identify the US Dept of Labor (USDOL) Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Code(s) of the occupation(s) that the program prepares students to enter (this may be multiple professions/codes). Also, provide web links to occupational profiles on USDOL’s O*NET web site (http://www.onetonline.org/), SOC Codes may also be found here.