Jan 25, 2021  
University Catalog 2013-2014 
University Catalog 2013-2014 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Communicative Disorders, B.A.

The Bachelor of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders (or its equivalency) prepares students who desire to obtain a graduate degree in Communicative Disorders with an option in either audiology or speech-language pathology. [In the state of California (and in most other states) the master’s degree is the entry-level degree for the Speech Language Pathology option, and a professional doctorate, (AUD) degree is the entry level degree for the Audiology option.]

Students who wish to major in special education, deaf education, medicine or a variety of other disciplines in graduate school may also find communication disorders an excellent background for their ultimate goals.

Those students who have started the major at another campus must consult with a department adviser before beginning the program. Likewise, students who have bachelor’s degrees in other disciplines must consult with a department adviser to prepare a course of study which will culminate in application to the graduate program.

The total number of units required for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Disorders is 180 units, of which 92 units are in the major. Consult with an advisor for the specific number of units required in all areas of the degree including GE and free electives.

Requirements for the Major (92 units)

A total of 180 units is required for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders, including a minimum of 92 units for the major. See Undergraduate Studies: General Information  for details about General Education and other requirements that constitute the units outside the major.