Anne Hafner, Chair
King Hall C2098
Phone: (323) 343-4330
The Charter College of Education’s Division of Applied and Advanced Studies in Education offers advisement for master’s degree programs in Educational Administration, Educational Foundations, Computer Education and Technology Leadership, New Media Design and Production, Research and Evaluation, and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Although the division offers coursework to meet basic and advanced credential requirements, faculty do not plan programs or advise for credentials.
Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership, M.A. in Educational Administration, M.A. Degree in Education; Options in: Computer Education and Technology Leadership, Educational Foundations, New Media Design and Production (suspended program), Research and Evaluation (suspended program); M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL); B.A. in Urban Learning. The division also participates in an Interdisciplinary Studies Minor in Multimedia that enables students to develop interactive, multimedia products. For more information, please refer to University Programs.
Computer Application in Schools; English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL/EFL)
Professors: Lois N. Andre-Bechely, Lawson Bush V, Pearl Chen, Adelaide Doyle-Nichols, Anne L. Hafner (Chair), Manisha Javeri, Lia D. Kamhi-Stein, Lori Kim, Deborah M. Oh, Marguerite Ann Snow, Carlos Tejeda.
Associate Professors: Bradford Allison, Anthony Hernandez, Albert Jones.
Assistant Professors: Daisy Alfaro, Allison Mattheis.
Emeriti: Stephanie Evans, Chogollah Maroufi, Penelope Semrau, Simeon P. Slovacek.
Programs for this Department:
• Urban Learning, B.A.
• Education, M.A.
• Option in Educational Technology and Leadership (45 units)
• Education: Option in Educational Foundations, M.A.
• Education: Option in New Media Design and Production, M.A.
• Education: Option in Research and Evaluation, M.A. (suspended program)
• Educational Administration, M.A.
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), M.A.
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership Specialization in PreK-12 Leadership
• Certificate for Teachers of English Learners
• Graduate Certificate Program in Computer Applications in Schools
• Graduate Certificate Program in English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL/EFL)
Intel Teach Certificate in 21st Century Learning
• Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning (COTL)
• Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
• Clear Administrative Services Credential