The M.A. in Educational Technology prepares educators to assume leadership roles in the field of educational technology. In particular, the program is designed to prepare students to become technologists, e-learning developers and trainers, technology coordinators and specialists, instructional technology experts for PK-16 schools and other educational and training settings. The M.A. in Educational Technology program will be delivered via hybrid or online format.
The program includes two tracks:
- The Educational Technology Leadership track will focus on computational thinking, design thinking, technology integration, mobile technology, academic technology leadership, innovative teaching in PK-16
- The E-learning and New Media Design track focus on online teaching and learning, innovative teaching in PK-16, higher education and other settings, Human Performance Technology, educational software development for the web and mobile platforms, and emerging technologies.
Admission to the Program
In addition to University requirements for admission to graduate study, applicants must:
- have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 in the last 60 semester units attempted
- have basic computer literacy
- submit a written application to the Charter College of Education and the Division of Applied and Advanced Studies in Education
- submit two letters of recommendation from university faculty or professional references
- secure approved program from an advisor.