The certificate in International Business Communication affords students the opportunity to combine language, culture, communication, and business knowledge. It gives College of Business and Economics majors a chance to add language and intercultural expertise, along with enhanced communication skills, to their program of study. At the same time, it gives language majors, Communications majors, and area studies majors a chance to add business courses to their program of study. The certificate enables students to pursue careers in organizations that seek persons with both recognized language skills and business training, such as international business, international foundations, nongovernment organizations, and international educational organizations. The language, culture and communication components also benefit students who obtain jobs in local organizations whose employees represent multiple cultures.
The certificate requires completion of 24 units, selected from four required and two elective courses.
- Senior standing in a BS in Business Administration degree program or a BA degree program in modern languages, or in Pan African or Chicano Studies, or Communications, or Economics at California State University, Los Angeles, or
- A BA degree in a language or Communications from California State University, Los Angeles, or
- A BA degree in area studies (e.g., Latin American Studies, Asian Studies) from another recognized university, or
- A BS degree in Business Administration from California State University, Los Angeles or another recognized university or
- Graduate standing in a master’s degree program in business administration, economics, communications, area studies, or modern language at California State University, Los Angeles or
- Consent of the certificate coordinator.