U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Disclosure
1. Program: Special Education Paraprofessional Certificate
2. Occupations that this certificate program prepares students to enter:
Perform duties that are instructional in nature or deliver direct services to students or parents. Serve in a position for which a teacher has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services. Excludes “Graduate Teaching Assistants” (25-1191).
SOC code 25-9041 Teacher Assistants $26,550
3. On-time graduation rate for students completing this program:
Expect those to graduate within two semesters. Expectation of 80% graduation rate according to the Division Special Education current student rates. It is expected that many of those who graduate from the certificate program would continue with their education by applying to and then enrolling in a teaching credential program in the CCOE. A benefit of the proposed certificate program would be for graduates to see a step system into becoming teachers or other professionals in education or related fields of study.
4. Cost of Attendance for the entire normal duration: Total duration is 4 semester courses: two semesters, at two courses per semester) of this certificate program:
Tuition and fees: $3,684.00 Books and supplies: $400 (new books, unused)
5. Median loan debt incurred by students who completed this program:
6. The job placement rate for students completing the program: 100% expected. Students who are enrolled would likely be eligible to work as paraprofessionals immediately upon enrollment in the program. Many school districts offer financial incentives for paraprofessionals who have added training. Some districts offer higher salaries for paraprofessionals who have completed a higher level of training while others provide monetary incentives for participation in training. In addition, graduates from the proposed certificate program are able to apply for teaching credential in education specialist program and their completed coursework would be embedded into the education specialist credential.