University Catalog 2019-2020(ARCHIVED) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Education, M.A.: Option in E-Learning and New Media Design
The E-Learning and New Media Design option prepares instructional design and technologists for a wide variety of education and training settings to acquire knowledge and skills in applying and developing new technologies, with advanced video, mobile, and multimedia techniques to enhance the learning experience of students at all levels.
Note: Teachers who plan to teach in public California K-12 classrooms or work as school-level or district-level computer coordinators must obtain a California teaching credential.
Admission to the Program
In addition to University requirements for admission to graduate study, applicants must:
1) have a minimum 2.75 grade point average in the last 60 semester units attempted,
2) have basic computer literacy,
3) submit a written application to the Charter College of Education and the Division of Applied and
Advanced Studies in Education (Download the form from the Charter College of Education website).
4) submit two letters of recommendation from university faculty or professional references, and
5) secure approved program plan from advisor.