Oct 17, 2019  
University Catalog 2018-2019(ARCHIVED CATALOG) 
University Catalog 2018-2019(ARCHIVED CATALOG) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Communicative Disorders, B.A.

The Bachelor of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders (or its equivalent) prepares students who desire to obtain a graduate degree in Communicative Disorders with an option in either audiology or speech-language pathology. [In the state of California (and in most other states) the master’s degree is the entry-level degree for the Speech Language Pathology option, and a professional doctorate in Audiology (Au.D.) is the entry level degree for the Audiology option.]

Students who wish to major in special education, deaf education, medicine or a variety of other disciplines in graduate school may also find communication disorders an excellent background for their ultimate goals.

Those students who have started the major at another campus  should consult with a department adviser as soon as possible . Students who have bachelor’s degrees in other disciplines should apply to the Speech-Language Master’s Preparatory Certificate Program.

The total number of units required for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Disorders is 120, of which 60 units are in the major.

For Major Specific Admissions Criteria go to http://www.calstatela.edu/admissions/major-specific-criteria

Requirements for the Major (60 units)

A total of 120 units is required for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders, including a minimum of 60 units for the major. See Undergraduate Studies: General Information  for details about General Education and other requirements that constitute the units outside the major.

Lower Division Core (6 units)

*Courses count towards General Education  requirements.