University Catalog 2015-2016 “Final Quarter Catalog” (ARCHIVED CATALOG) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership Specialization in PreK-12 Leadership
The doctoral program in Educational Leadership with a Specialization in PreK-12 Education is designed to prepare educators to lead reform efforts in California’s Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade schools. The degree program is designed specifically for working professionals in the field of education. The Ed.D. in Educational Leadership has three emphases: School and System Redesign, Urban Teaching and Learning, and Students’ Special Needs, Supports and Services.
Admission to the Program
For admission to the program, applicants must have:
1. An earned baccalaureate degree and master’s degree from accredited institution of higher education with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in
upper division courses and 3.25 or above in graduate study. Official transcripts are required.
2. A professional resume.
3. Demonstrated excellence in writing as demonstrated by samples of academic and professional documents.
4. Submission of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores on the three sections of the General Test; GRE scores from the previous five (5) years are
acceptable as valid for this purpose.
5. Three confidential letters of recommendation attesting to the leadership and scholarship potential of the applicant. One letter should be from a university
faculty member who is familiar with the applicant’s work. One letter should be from a person who has supervised the applicant in an employment
setting and the final letter should address the applicant’s fit for the selected emphasis area.
6. A written statement of professional purpose that reflects an understanding of the future challenges facing schools and the community they serve.