Simpson Tower F603
Phone: (323) 343-2983
The application of information systems and technology in an organization defines the field of study of the Department of Information Systems. The field may be viewed in terms of software, hardware, networking, procedures, and people. The department’s responsibility is to educate its students in the various aspects of organizational information systems. The department is engaged in teaching not just the design, development, implementation and operation of information systems, but also the management of such systems. The department prepares its students for both the technical and management demands in this field.
Professors: Mohammad B. Ayati, Carol Blaszczynski, Nandakumar Ganesan (Chair), Adam S. Huarng, Joseph C. Otto, Parviz Partow-Navid, Adam Reed, Ludwig Slusky.
Associate Professors: Jose Perez-Carballo, David Gadish, Ming Wang, Knox B. Wasley.
Assistant Professors: Jongwook Woo, Song Xing.
Emeriti: Durward P. Jackson, Paul Rosenthal, Robert C. Verkler.
Programs for this Department:
• Computer Information Systems, B.S.
• Minor in Computer Information Systems
• Undergraduate Certificate in Computer Programming
• Undergraduate Certificate Program in Information Systems Security Managers
• Undergraduate Certificate in Information Systems Security Professionals
• Information Systems, M.S.
• Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Advanced Information Systems