Anne Hafner, Chair
King Hall C2098
Phone: (323) 343-4330
The Charter College of Education’s Division of Applied and Advanced Studies in Education offers advisement for master’s degree programs in Educational Administration, Educational Foundations, Educational Technology Leadership, E-Learning and New Media Design, Research and Evaluation, and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Although the division offers coursework to meet basic and advanced credential requirements, faculty do not plan programs or advise for credentials.
Courses Offered in:
- Educational Administration (EDAD)
- Educational Foundations (EDFN)
- Instructional Technology (EDIT)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESL)
- Urban Learning (ULRN)
Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership, M.A. in Educational Administration, M.A. Degree in Education; Options in: Educational Foundations, Educational Technology Leadership, E-Learning and New Media Design, Research and Evaluation; M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL); B.A. in Urban Learning. For more information, please refer to University Programs.
Computer Applications in Schools; English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL/EFL); Online Teaching and Learning; Teachers of English Learners.
Preliminary Administrative Services; Clear Administrative Services.
Professors: Lois N. Andre-Bechely, Lawson Bush V, Pearl Chen, Adelaide Doyle-Nichols, Anne L. Hafner (Chair), Manisha Javeri, Lia D. Kamhi-Stein, Lori Kim, Deborah M. Oh, Marguerite Ann Snow, Carlos Tejeda.
Associate Professors: Bradford Allison, Anthony Hernandez, Albert Jones.
Assistant Professors: Daisy Alfaro, Allison Mattheis.
Emeriti: Stephanie Evans, Chogollah Maroufi, Penelope Semrau, Simeon P. Slovacek.
Programs for this Department:
• Urban Learning, B.A.
• Education: Option in Educational Foundations, M.A.
• Education: Option in Educational Technology Leadership, M.A.
• Education: Option in E-Learning and New Media Design, M.A.
• Education: Option in Research and Evaluation, M.A.
• Educational Administration, M.A.
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), M.A.
•Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership
• Certificate for Teachers of English Learners
• Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning (COTL)
• Graduate Certificate Program in Computer Applications in Schools (CAS)
• Graduate Certificate Program in English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL/EFL)
• Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
• Clear Induction Administrative Services Credential